We Are Here To Help
If you are having trouble or if you anticipate having trouble paying your natural gas bill, contact us right away. We can be reached toll-free at (888)931-3411. Don't wait until you receive a disconnection/shut-off notice or your natural gas service has been disconnected.
Residential customers have a legal right to protect their heating source during Minnesota's cold weather season. Click here to learn about Minnesota's Cold Weather Rule.
Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP or EAP)
The Energy Assistance Program (EAP) helps qualified households pay for heat bills and furnace repairs. Some households may also qualify for additional funds to prevent a utility service disconnection. Some benefits include:
- Funds are available for renters and homeowners.
- Program eligibility is based on income guidelines. Households earning at or below 50% of the state median income are eligible.
- The amount of an energy assistance grant is based on household size, income, fuel type and energy usage.
- Tips on how to heat your home efficiently and safely.
- It offers crisis help for utility disconnections, and emergency heating system repair or replacement.
For information contact your local Energy Assistance Providers.
Gas Affordability Program (GAP)
Sometimes we all need a helping hand. If you have received Energy Assistance for the current heating season, you may also quality for GMG's Gas Affordability Program (GAP). We encourage you to apply today.
Customers receiving Energy Assistance through LIHEAP may be eligible to receive additional funds through GMG's Gas Affordability Program (GAP). Qualified customers must agree to be placed on a payment plan and make the required payment every month. Enrollment is offered on a first-come first-served basis until the program cap is reached.
How GAP Works
- GAP helps customers better manage monthly energy costs.Once enrolled in GAP, customers make an affordable monthly payment. They also receive a monthly affordability credit.
- GAP can help customers pay past due balance. Customers who have a past due balance, but successfully make monthly GAP payments will receive an additional credit toward their arrears/past due balance.
How to Apply
GAP is offered by GMG and is administered in conjunction with the Energy CENTS Coalition. If you are interested in applying, please complete the application below and send it to Energy CENTS Coalition at 823 E 7th St, St. Paul, MN 55106. Funds are limited and are only available on a first-come, first-served basis. please apply today!
GMG Gap Application
*GAP is offered under the Gas Affordability Service Program Tariff Rider and is subject to annual review by the Minnesota Public Utilities Commission. Click here to learn more.