Join Our Team!
Greater Minnesota Gas, Inc. (GMG) is committed to changing people's lives by bringing affordable natural gas service to rural Minnesota. Come grow with us and experience a rewarding career in the natural gas industry. We are looking for highly qualified individuals to help bring our vision to life.
Natural Gas Service Designer/Field Technician
Position Type: Hourly Full-Time Position
Location: Must live within a 30 minutes of the City of Faribault, MN
Compensation: Competitive starting wage
- Responds to requests for service by establishing design appointments at customer's property.
- Solicits for new business through telephone, face to face and public meetings.
- Performs all operation and maintenance duties on the natural gas distribution system including gas leak investigation and repair, locating, corrosion control, and odorization.
- Responsible for effective and efficient use of resources with emphasis on safety, quality and customer satisfaction.
- Perform work orders and service orders as required and manage area coverage and initiate backup responsibility and support when needed.
- Mount and install meters along with repair, disconnect and/or remove defective or unauthorized meters.
- Acts as company’s First Responder in emergency situations.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Possess a valid driver’s license with a clean motor report.
- Ability to pass pre-employment Drug Test, Background Check and rigorous interview process.
- Basic computer knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Must be able to support a 24/7 rotating on-call schedule, including some weekends and holidays.
- Must reside where response to emergencies is possible within company time frames.
- Must have superior interpersonal skills, proven written and oral communication skills, and the ability to understand maps and records; must have ability to work independently and as an effective team member.
- Must be a self-starter capable of working with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to handle complex, pressure situations and be adaptable to a changing work environment.
- Prior natural gas field work experience
- Prior utility field work experience
- HVAC experience
- Construction experience
- Knowledge of territory
- Ability to demonstrate sales/customer service experience
- Able to work outside in all elements and conditions
- Position may require the following:
- Walking 3 miles/day
- Lifting objects up to 50 lbs.
- Bending, squatting, climbing, stooping and kneeling repetitively
- Able to operate a motor vehicle and able to drive at night
- Ability to hear job site alarms and alerts
- Company vehicle and fuel card
- Simple IRA with company match
- Medical Stipend
Please contact: GMG’s office at (888) 931-3411 for an application and send resume either by email at email@example.com or by mail to GMG, 202 South Main Street P.O. Box 68, Le Sueur, MN 56058
Download our application below:
GMG Employment Application (22 KB)